The Louisiana Cattlemen's Association | 4921 I-10 Frontage Road | Port Allen, Louisiana 70767 | Phone (225) 343-3491 | Fax (225) 336-0002
Know Your LCA Member Benefits
• A Voice in the U.S. Congress and the Louisiana Legislature
• Updates about the Industry through The Louisiana Cattleman Monthly Magazine
• Free Accidental Death or Dismemberment Life Insurance
• Producer Educational Seminars and Educational Programs
• Junior Programs and Scholarships
• Herd, Forage and Pasture Management Information
• A chance to meet others with similar interests
• Good business contacts
• Annual Convention and Trade Show
• Beef Promotions
• A chance to play an active role in promoting your product… BEEF!
Participation in these LCA Policy Committees
gives you a voice in all LCA long range plans…
• Animal Health and Well Being
• Ag Policy & Legislative
• Consumer Info and Beef Promotion
• Marketing & Foreign Trade
• Membership & Revenue Development
• Private Lands & Environmental Management
Share in Our Programs and Accomplishments
• Government Affairs - LCA’s efforts both in Baton Rouge and Washington has resulted in: sales tax exemption on feeds,
fertilizer, pharmaceuticals, and diesel fuel; reduction of estate tax; and foreign meat labeling - This will more than pay for your
LCA & NCBA dues!
• Annual Convention - LCA hosts a comprehensive educational seminar including nationally known speakers and after hour
activities. It takes place in January each year.
• Annual Trade Show - LCA along with many vendors participate in AgExpo held third weekend in January each year.
• LA Beef Quality Assurance Program - LCA sponsors a calf-management certification program designed to improve cattle
and increase their market value. This is a joint program with the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
• LCA Junior Programs - LJCA Membership is $10.
• LCA’s status as an NCBA State Marketing Partner means lower NCBA membership rates and a stronger relationship between
the two associations to better serve your needs.
• Carcass Porgram - LCA Sponsors a carcass program at the LSU Spring Livestock Show.
• Family Membership - allows a member’s spouse and/or children to qualify for LCA’s AD&D Life Insurance Policy for only $20
per person/per year.
• Master Cattle Producer Program - A cooperative effort with LSU AgCenter that offers cattle producers the knowledge
necessary to enhance profitability while being environmentally responsible.
• LCA sponsors Junior Scholarships and Showmanship Awards at livestock shows.
• Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative - A joint program with NRCS and LCA in which USDA can help you help yourself with
your grazing land.
• Promotional Merchandise for Sale - Caps, visors, license plates, shirts and calendars featuring the LCA logo.
• Building Use - Our banquet room can seat approximately 125 people. Have your next meeting here.